At Head Start Electrical we take time to assist the client in the important electrical renovation decisions; we have 30 years experience in planning a home’s electrical design and functionality.
Very Important: Make sure you give the electrician plenty of notice when the builder and or other trades are moving things to allow access for rewiring. e.g. When the roof is removed it is a critical time for wiring to be installed.
- Make a list of all your electrical appliances and where they will be located so that you will be ready when the electrician needs to plan your electrical lay out.
- Think about how many extra power points you will need in each room so you won’t be disappointed after the job is complete.
- Decide if you want to include home automation in your renovation. E.g. lighting, electric blinds, alarms.
- Think about your lighting plan and the number and type of lights you want, for example wall lights to highlight paintings etc
- Which lights do you want to keep and reuse?
- Ask the electrician about the green energy lighting and how it is different.
- Plan your computer usage and how you will want each computer to be networked and the position of the main router and server
- THINK ABOUT and RESEARCH your light fittings so you don’t have to buy in a panic and not be happy with your purchase.
- Consider your switches and power points. There are many colours and styles to match paintwork and décor, ask your electrician for a catalogue.
- The electrician can supply the general lights but any decorative or display lighting you should choose.
- BUY GOOD QUALITY light fittings…Ask your electrician for advice.
- Consult your electrician early in the planning stage.