Paul and Josephine are proud residents of the Mary Valley. This month they have written an editorial for the Imbil News, a free publication for residents of the Mary Valley.
Smoke alarm update
queensland fire and emergency services SAYS THE FOLLOWING
FROM 1 JANUARY 2017
- Existing smoke alarms manufactured more than 10 years ago must be replaced with photoelectric smoke alarms which comply with Australian Standards (AS) 3786-2014. (Note: the date should be stamped on the back)
- Smoke alarms that do not operate when tested must be replaced immediately.
- Existing hardwired smoke alarms that need replacement, must be replaced with a hardwired photoelectric smoke alarm.
FROM 1 JANUARY 2022
- be photoelectric (AS3786-2014); and
- not also contain an ionisation sensor; and
- Be hardwired to the mains power supply, if currently hardwired. Otherwise, smoke alarms can be either hardwired or powered by a non removable 10 yr battery or a combination of both.
- be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together.
- on each storey
- in each bedroom
- if there is no hallway, between the bedroom and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
Saftey Switch Installations
WORKSAFE QUEENSLAND SAYS THE FOLLOWING
Regardless of whether you own or rent, you should consider having safety switches installed on all circuits. Safety switches protect you, your family and anyone visiting the property from electric shock. The risk is real. One safety switch may not be enough. If you are unsure, call your electrician to see if your home is safe.
All information on this page has been taken from The Workplace Health and Safety Electrical Safety Officer Website – http://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/safetyswitches/home
download your free brochure about saftey switches below
GET A HEAD START ON YOUR ELECTRICAL PROJECT
Are you ready to set your renovating dreams in motion? As your local electricians across Brisbane and Mary Valley, we always have our mobile workshop prepared to provide a vast range of electrical services for your project. Get in touch with us today for all your construction and renovation electrical needs.
Why choose head start electrical?
On Track. On Time
Our service is delivered on time and on schedule. That is our Head Start promise to you. Our mobile workshop comes straight to your door.
Spotless and Clean
We always clean up after our work is complete and ensure we leave you with a positive experience. We observe all the relevant COVID protocols.
We supply only reputable brands from our trusted suppliers and all work is completed with care, safety, and our technical expertise.
Work that lasts
All our work has a 12-month warranty in conjunction with the relevant product warranties when supplied by Head Start Electrical.
Trustworthy Friendly Team.
Establishing and maintaining long term relationships with our clients and contractors is an integral part of our business. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer satisfaction and being polite & well mannered.
Safe and Secure
As a silver member of MEA Safety, we follow Australian standard rules and codes of conduct. Ask us about our safety switch installations and 10-point switchboard safety checks.
Do you need a Licenced Electrician? If you have an electrical project in Brisbane or Mary Valley contact Head Start Electrical, your local trusted electricians via the form below.