Headstart Electrical offer small to large residential installation jobs including:
• Ceiling Fans
• Smoke Alarms
• Smart House / Home Automation
• TV Points
• Electrical Repairs & Electrical Rewires
• Split System Air Conditioners
• Chandelier Installations
• Switchboard Upgrades
• Safety switches
• Power Points
• Test and Tag
Important: What you need to know about Smoke Alarms
Smoke alarms are self-contained, single or multiple-station smoke-sensing devices typically found in homes.
From January 1, 2022, the following requirements are mandatory for all dwellings being sold, leased or an existing lease is renewed.
From January 1, 2027, the following requirements are mandatory for all existing dwellings:
- Smoke alarms must be photoelectric ( the method the device uses to detect smoke)
- Must be less than 10 years old
- Must be interconnected with all other smoke alarms ( if one smoke alarm sounds all the other smoke alarms will also sound. Interconnection can be wired or wireless.
- Must be either hard wired ( connected to the dwellings electricity supply) or powered by a non-removable 10-year battery.
- Mains powered smoke alarms have a 9-volt battery backup which must be replaced when needed.
- In some instances, wireless interconnection can be installed with mains powered smoke alarms, but a wireless base must be added.
For more information please download this QFES Info Sheet or visit the QFES website through this link.
We are looking to employ a Grade 5 Electrical Mechanic. Click here for more information.